about me

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

blue apron #2

Blue Apron Delivery Numero Dos.


I feel like my cooking adventures should be streamed live. It is incredible how I can't follow directions, or if I do, somehow, I still manage to mess up something because I am incredibly clumsy.

Meal 1: Roasted Spaghetti Squash

What went wrong: 
- The top highlight was completely spilling all of the peppercorns from the pepper shaker on the floor.  Spoiler alert: I did this again with new peppercorns during Meal 2.

- Also, wasn't aware of how long it took spaghetti squash to cool down after roasting in the oven for 24+ minutes.  Patience is not one of my virtues.

What went right:
- After all was said and done, this was pretty delicious.  I definitely want to cook with spaghetti squash again as an alternative to pasta.

Meal 2: Kale and Monterey Jack Quesadillas

What went wrong:
- The tortillas decided to ravel up when I placed them in the pan.  Which made flipping the 'dillas too much of a challenge.
- Yes, I spilled the peppercorns again.

What went right:
-Egg and kale. Basically - I loved this since those are two of my favorites.
-Never cooked with radish before..I have no idea why I had to let them sit in ice water. Should probably look this up.

Meal 3: Mixed Mushroom Risotto

What went wrong:
- I cannot chop chives so they are 1/4 of an inch long. Guesstimating is not one of my strong skills.
- Additionally, I don't know the difference between thyme and chives, as I put the chives in way too early in the cooking process.

What went right:
- I love mushrooms so this was pretty heavenly.  Tried a few new kinds that I have never had before.
- This was by far the easiest meal to make. Easy is always great.

No comments:

Post a Comment