about me

Saturday, October 24, 2015

half training 2015.3.4

Got right back into it this week with 21 miles!

Monday:

Woke up at 4a...I think after work I walked on the treadmill until 12k, and then hit up the elliptical.  But I honestly don't remember...#sleepdeprivation

Tuesday:

3 miles on the treadmill/9:01 pace.  Pretty good considering this was after work, and I had been awake since 3:15a.

Also, eating this an hour before may have helped out a lot.


Wednesday:

7 miles on the Urban Trail/9:12 pace. This was a fun one - first off, even though it was 55 degrees and I was dressed like it was a blizzard, I was freezing...then it started raining during mile 5.

At the beginning of the run...

Then coming back, I saw this. And tried to pick up the pace.

A little soaked from the rain.

At least there was a pretty sunset.

Thursday:

Elliptical and strength train.  Actually felt good to lift for the first time in over a week!

Received my Blue Apron delivery too - more to come with this!

Friday:

3.1 miles on the road/8:27 pace. I have been getting frustrated with my 9min+ miles considering I want to run a sub-2 half in less than a month, so I made an effort to speed up my pace on this one. 

Saturday:

8 miles/9:17 (ugh) pace. The first 4 miles of this was on the trail where I fell really hard a few months back so I was a bit hesitant about this..so decided against listening to music.  Finished the last 4 on a Forest Road that I *swear* was going up a hill but looking at my data...it definitely wasn't.  Also, starting to feel tightness in my IT band - this is what you get when you slack on foam rolling everyday.

Living life on the edge with a mid-run pic on the trail.

Another one just to show you that we do have some red trees in the fall. Also - this is the best weather we've had all week.

My new Oiselle shirt did the trick. Probably kept me too warm considering my hair was dripping. Totally normal, ok?! I swear it was cold when I started..

Getting back into the double digits next week with an 11 mile run!

No comments:

Post a Comment