about me

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

half training 2015.3.3

Not too much to post about running last week since I was at a very magical place.. Disney!


Tuesday:

Fueled up with 6 pieces of Broccolini pizza from Via Napoli in Epcot..
It's amazing how you feel after you eat not greasy pizza (this one) versus greasy (I'm looking at you, Austin).

 Then, I ran 3 at 8:45 pace throughout nearby resorts.  The first mile was ran on the golf course cart path...which you're not supposed to do by the way.  Luckily the only employee that saw me seemed to be amused by my breaking the rules.  Unfortunately, I hurt my left foot on this run due to the sharp sidewalk turns throughout the resort..I'm not used to those.

I don't have any pictures from these runs..so here's Epcot!

Thursday:

Decided to get back at it after icing my foot several times Tuesday evening and Wednesday.  This time I decided to check out the Grand Floridian, and then head over to the Polynesian, for a total of 4 miles, 9:27 pace.  It was pretty cool to see the castle at the Magic Kingdom at several points throughout the run. It also took much self-control to not stop at the Polynesian for a Dole Whip break..

The humidity makes it look like it was a super intense run.  Shortly after I turned into...

Princess Anna!

Saturday:

Back in Flag! Ran 4 on the Urban Trail at an 8:57 pace.  Foot pain is gone! Maybe the Disney magic cured it.

Have to rock the Buckeye jacket on Game Day!

Sunday:

Our original plan for Sunday was a 14 mile hike up and over Humphrey's (highest peak in Flagstaff) but luckily (yes, luckily) the weather was not too great so we went down to Sedona for a short hike. Got 5 miles in at 9:11 pace on the treadmill, this was pretty tough.  Think I need to figure out a way to make the treadmill more interesting.

Quick hike in Sedona..

Also, had a Book Club meeting Sunday night and made these Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms.  They were a hit!

Thank you Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment