about me

Friday, March 4, 2016

friday reads

If you're an avid user of Twitter or obsessed with the news like me, then you know there are many, many articles being tweeted every second, ranging from breaking news to entertainment gossip to latest research in health and beyond.  My intention is to start featuring some of the more noteworthy articles every Friday in a wrap-up of the week, featuring on Health and Happiness.  Some will be brand new articles, others will be oldies but goodies. Read away!



Health



- My goal is always 8 hours of sleep every night, but I rarely hit that. As you read in this article, not hitting 7 has many negative consequences. Personally, if I'm really sleep deprived, my decision-making skills are poor, and my nutrition suffers as a consequence.

"probiotics are common in hospitals, but evidence is lacking"

- This is only slightly devastating as probiotic drinks are typically my go-to when I have stomach issues..



- Definitely some inspirational lessons here. My favorites: You are stronger than you think, When in doubt run it out, and You will never regret taking the high road.

"why daily weight lifting can be dangerous"


- In case you didn't know already.

"learning a new sport may be good for the brain"


- All the more reason to cross train and mix it up if you're a runner/biker/etc who is always training for your next race! 

Happiness




- I haven't tried this yet, but I think I can set aside 5 minutes this weekend and try!



- Another activity I haven't tried - adult coloring books. It appears that this author found that her stress levels decreased, and she slept more soundly after getting into this coloring book fad.



- I have been on a tea kick for months now and "tea time" really does help me destress.

No comments:

Post a Comment