about me

Friday, March 18, 2016

friday reads / 3-18

TGIF! 

I am taking the day off to get my long run in, pack, clean,and get down to Phoenix early to get some last-minute pre-trip errands done.  Here are some interesting articles I have found in the past two weeks.


Health

- For me, preparation is key! Have your clothes, workout bag, and shoes set aside and ready to go the night before.

- This is the first I've ever heard of this correlation.

- Soy's potential effects on hormones is the main reason I have barely eaten it as a vegetarian.

- I wish I knew about this during my marathon training! I am definitely going to try this out during my next training cycle.

- I didn't know this difference between "natural" and "artificial" flavors. However, if you read on, they may not be as different as you may think..

Happiness

- I have totally changed a password to match a big goal I had, and it's an easy subtle reminder/motivation tool for me.  Making use of stress is huge for me - if I don't channel my stress into working out or cleaning, it will manifest itself in eating.

- Definitely something you should be asking yourself on a regular basis.

- If you're like me, sometimes it's hard to get that boost of creativity.  I'm thinking these will be good motivators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment