about me

Monday, August 1, 2016

towpath marathon training week 6

Monday

Cross - Bike

Finally got my new license plates, ordered my new driver license, and joined the library!  Needless to say, there's WAY more than 2 libraries here unlike Flagstaff..

Tuesday

Speedwork + Lifting
6.5 mi / 8:43 pace

Ran on the treadmill in the morning, then came back in the evening for a session with the personal trainer. Holy squats and lunges.  I was sore until Friday.

I hardly took any pictures this week but I found this one from that 10k I ran here in June. Can you tell I was unhappy with finishing above 50 minutes? :P

Wednesday

Cross - Rowing

Decided to row thanks to the hamstring soreness.

Thursday

Tempo + Lifting
7 mi / 8:53 pace

I lifted before I ran which was pretty bold.  Obviously it was more of an upper body day since I was still sore from Tuesday's workout.

I enjoy going outside for lunch.

Friday

Rest

Thank goodness for a rest day! Got to sleep early too which hasn't happened in quite some time.

Saturday

Long
20 mi / 9:31 pace

Got out on the trail just after sunrise, around 6:10a I think. It was pretty humid of course, so this was not at target pace but still..got the 20 in.  Pain hit immediately finishing after this one- very reminiscent of the soreness that hit me a few hours after the Milan Marathon.  I hobbled around the town of St. Charles in an attempt to stay on my feet for a bit then made my way back home to eat and foam roll.

I love my new Oiselle shorts!

Yeah, this is totally the Midwest. The trail turned into a trail run for a few minutes which was pretty fun!

Sunday

Cross - Rowing

Very happy that the soreness already had disappeared by Sunday morning! Not sure why it was so brutal. Did a lot of long overdue unpacking and organizing in my apartment and now it actually looks like I live here and not like I just moved in!

Did I mention I indulged after my long run on Saturday? It has been too long and I needed calories..

Also, got my hair cut for the first time in like 4 months too! Productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment