about me

Monday, February 29, 2016

marathon training week 13

A bad week for my stomach, but great for the legs in the end :P

Monday

Cross:
2.5 mi Lunch Hike (Luhike? Hikunch?)

It was a brisk 54 degrees but once you start climbing, it warms up quick!

Tuesday

Cross: 
Lifting

Vanilla greek yogurt... my obsession.

So, we had Chipotle catered for lunch and I just ate too much of the black beans. I felt terrible the rest of the day. Not sure if the vegetarian life is liking me so much this time around.

Wednesday

Intervals:
 5.6 mi/ 8:31 pace

10 min warm up, 3x1600m (400m RI), 10 min cool down

The whole freezing thing after a run is a little bothersome.

The intervals were done outside...so of course, my body temperature dropped like crazy on the drive home.  Even though it was in the mid-50s out.  Also, these went really well considering I don't run intervals on a track (so NOT on a flat elevation at all!).

+ Hot Yoga 60

I was sad that I couldn't make it to my regular Hot Yoga class so I went to the class after!

Thursday

Tempo:
  6 mi /  8:49 pace

Not at ideal time (430a), not my best tempo.  1 mile easy, 4 mile tempo, 1 mile easy.


+ Lifting (easy)




Literally dripping at 5:30a (had to get bloodwork done again on Friday afternoon..doctor wanted me to basically fast from exercise once I was done working out in the AM)

Another bad lunch - had alfredo at lunch (catered once again..maybe I should bring my own lunch) and was reeling the rest of the day, and into early Friday.  Didn't help that I wasn't completely over the Chipotle debacle.

Friday

Rest


Whole Foods salad bar = Love.  How nice it was to have a lunch that didn't make me sick!


Even though apparently carb-ing up the night before a long run doesn't actually help you too much, I still participate in this tradition like it really helps.  Hey, you gotta enjoy the benefits of marathon training!

Saturday

Long Run
 18 mi / 9:09 pace

The views - Mountains to the left, Mesas to the right.

Hooray! My next goal: my 20 miler under 9:00 pace.  I know I can do it!


I truly think my Roasted Butternut Squash from Blue Apron was the best recovery meal for this (this was plate 1 of 2).  Felt fine the rest of the day, and the day after..as you will see.

Sunday

Cross:
Lifting + Hike!

I seriously felt fine considering I ran 18 miles not even 24 hours prior, so I lifted for a while in the morning (by the way, seeing muscle definition is awesome and such a confidence booster!), then had a huge protein-packed breakfast, and made my down to beautiful Sedona.

I may or may not have had an alterior motive to work on my tan.

This was a pretty strenuous hike - my first tough one in Sedona. More details to come regarding it, but I thought I deserved the following.

Not pictured: Lactaid. And my pure joy.

We are hitting the final stretch! 2 more weeks of all-out training,then 2 weeks of tapering (which starts once I head over to Europe!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment