about me

Monday, February 15, 2016

marathon training week 11

Solid week, and a surprise race coming up!

Monday

Cross
30 mins elliptical/15 mins bike AKA Boring Cross Training Day.

For the record .. this was not a great week for pictures - my phone has not been cooperating lately.


Tuesday

Intervals (+Lifting)
7.1 mi / 8:34 pace

I ran outside! Hooray!

Tough intervals this week - 10 min warm up, 1 mi (400m recovery), 2 mi (800m recovery), 2x800m (400m recovery), 10 min cool down. But got them in and felt great afterwards!


Wednesday

Cross
Treadmill, Hot Yoga Carve

Had this for lunch minus feta, and substitute balsamic vinegarette - and the stomach issues began...


Thursday

Tempo
5 mi / 9:04 pace (aka not a tempo)

My office friend.

So, paired with the lunch on Wednesday that didn't agree with me, and then on Thursday, I went to a luncheon where the vegetarian lunch was a quinoa stuffed portabella mushroom. I know quinoa has not usually agreed with me, but I still ate it. Oh, and I ate the dessert.  Needless to say, my run sucked. My stomach could not handle the pounding of running, and I had to go slower than tempo and cut it short by 2 miles. Doesn't help that I had been up since 3a since I couldn't sleep..


Friday

Hot Yoga 60

Went to bed early the night prior and got my yoga fix in before work.  Needless to say, my balance and flexibility are not on point at 6a.  Ate a crazy amount of pasta for dinner to prep for...


Saturday

Long Run
16 mi / 9:23 pace (@ 6000 ft)
Oh so happy to be running in shorts and a t-shirt.

A very pretty run too!

I did it! The first 8 miles were awesome.  Then when I turned around I mentally lost it. I was pretty frustrated by this but kept chugging along.  My pace was only 8 seconds above my goal pace.  Turns out the first 8 miles were a gradual downhill and the last 8 were a gradual uphill so that probably had something to do with my fatigue.

Afterwards - refueled immediately with Coconut Water, Water, and two of these below.
Pretty good!!

I can't remember if I ate more when I got home, but don't think I did until 2 hours later when I was near emotional wreck status because I didn't want to get off the couch but I was so hungry. Really cute moment right there. (I did decide to get off the couch and grab some snacks at the grocery store)

Slept poorly as usual afterwards...this has become a trend with the nights after my long run. Not sure why..


Sunday

Lifting + Hot Yoga + Recovery Run (2 mi)

My second lunch - Seared Cauliflower Steak from Wildflower. The Runger always hits the day after for me.

I got all of my workouts in before noon - the Recovery Run was pretty much thrown in there so I could check out the trail conditions at Buffalo Park and to make up for the last 2 miles I wasn't able to run earlier with my Tempo earlier in the week.

And - since I have a 13 mile run on tap for next weekend, I decided to sign up for a half marathon!  

Here is where I'm headed: 

Yeah, mostly downhill which makes it sound easy but I have a feeling will be painful afterwards. Who knows, maybe I'll hit that sub-1:45 goal!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment