about me

Sunday, August 9, 2015

wildflower tapers

I did it! First half marathon is done!

But, let's review some of the highlights from this last week.

Two runs were left on my training plan (I've been using My Asics since March): a 5 mile run and a 3 mile "jog".  Since the wildflowers are back, I decided to go to my favorite wildflower running spot. 

Wildflowers for days!

Then, I got the 3 miler in before work on Thursday.

The sunrise became really epic after this.

Meanwhile, Sarah sent me some good luck energy gels that I will be definitely be using while training for my next half, next month.  I was reluctant to try them for the first time during the race yesterday just in case my body freaked out, but I've definitely got enough to train with and run with starting now!

Are you gelly?

I spent Thursday and Friday focusing on consuming more carbs than usual, and luckily my first Naturebox was extremely carb-friendly. 

Breakfast Friday: Plain Greek Yogurt, Raspberries, Chocolate Chia Granola, and Mini Watermelon Stars.

Then, on Friday night I consumed an excessive amount of spaghetti and chicken while it poured. for. hours. I was hoping it wasn't raining on the half-marathon side of town...but it was...

1 comment: