about me

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

berlin marathon training: week 13

When Summer turns into Fall...


[Training-Related] Highlights

Tempo Run

My best run of the week was definitely my 10 mile tempo run.

When you realize you have to run 10 miles the next morning + you just know you haven't eaten enough carbs + you have a 2-3 hour hair appointment the rest of the evening. Spicy szheucan noodles with kale, and sweet potato soup hit the spot.

I ran this before work since that's when my stomach likes to run and it was great. Only 1 mile where I didn't hit the target pace just because I needed that gel!

Believe in CLE Yoga Event

On a Friday night, all the yoga studios in the area collaborated for their 5th Annual Believe in CLE event - basically free yoga next to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was awesome! Plus a free air show and admission to the Rock Hall to boot.



Lowlights

Getting Sick


Yeah, so my work neighbor and I came down with the same upper respiratory ailments at the same time. So I battled through it through the long weekend, and am hoping to conquer the remnants of it here soon. Needless to say, the last 20 miler was not at my goal pace since I was blowing my nose every mile and coughing every 5 minutes. My one ear actually got a little plugged up too.. needless to say it was a hot mess but the 20 miles were put in.

Random other weekly happenings

New Puppy


Jenny, Bryan and Emma got a new puppy!!!


Bella is adjusting.

Throwback Thursday: Britney!

I've been going to Spinning once a week through pretty much all of this training cycle and it's been really fun - this Britney Spears class was the best class in awhile though! I performed really well by my standards and loved watching Britney's old videos! (You Drive Me Crazy, anyone?!)

Air Show


Saw the Air Show twice because I'm a nerd.

Balayage


Oh, and got my hair done! The cute hair style lasted approximately 10 hours as I had to get that tempo run in the next morning. 


Overall, it was a nice week and long weekend with the family, despite sickness! Here's to one last week of "full" training and Vitamin C!

No comments:

Post a Comment