about me

Saturday, September 23, 2017

berlin marathon training: week 16 - FINAL WEEK!

Last week of training is here! It's been a fun one!


I think this one makes sense to detail in chronological order though...

'
First run of the week was speedwork and it was a toughie thanks to the late night from the MuteMath concert! Plus it was warm. 


Second run of the week was the last run, kind of!


It was a pretty humid morning but got these 5 miles in. First mile and last mile were cool down, 3 miles in the middle were at Marathon Pace..which apparently was sub-8s this morning.

Later that afternoon, I jetted off to Germany!


I got through most of the Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin. I am a Questioner (though I don't think I've always been one), and this factoid made me laugh out loud on the plane.



So we were served a light breakfast as we got closer to Brussels. But it was light..so I bought breakfast at the Brussels airport. Then apparently I was sitting in some kind of business class on my flight from Brussels to Berlin so I received a third breakfast. I did not deny the calories.

I will be posting a recap of Berlin in separate posts so I will just focus on race-specific items!


I went over to the Brandenburg Gate - the finish of the Marathon and oh my gosh, it got me so excited I almost started crying, lol. #tapercrazies


It was a gorgeous night!

I was very tired and did not feel like waiting for food in a restaurant so I made my own dinner. Kind of. This started a trend...

The next afternoon, I went over to The Expo of All Expos -the Berlin Vital.


First off, you got a wristband that you have to wear through race-day. Then you check in. I met a guy from Geneva whose favorite marathon so far was Venice and he ran it in the same finish time that I ran Milan :O 

Well, this had to happen of course.

There was a lot of stuff. The race shirt actually cost extra, apparently I bought that when I registered for the race intitally. Oh my goodness the merchandise area at the expo was a wreck too. I'm good with one shirt, and a medal, thanks!

There's a stand right before the finish line that has every single runner's name on it. So cool.

Met up with the Oiselle ladies for a shake out run (2 mi, like 10:30 pace with several stops cause like everything was closed off). 


And here we are. Weather looks very, very similar to Milan but with more of a chance for showers near the end of the race. Who knows, maybe I will want a little shower by then! Here's hoping for the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment