about me

Monday, August 28, 2017

berlin marathon training: week 12

Week 12 went extremely well! It was a solid week that included a trip to Florida to meet my new niece and hang out with my nephews!


Highlights

All the Family time relaxation in Florida!!

Adeline Luna is so cute!

My Hurricane Harvey fanatic!

"I don't like it!" - as Calvin consumes the entire smoothie. Pretty sure we all thought it was tasty!

Adeline is very serious about rest. We could all learn from her!

Lowlights

Just some GI issues during speedwork but really not the worst. 

Still in love with this decor!!!

Strong Runs

Strong, strong tempo run on Thursday! 10 miles at 8:10 pace (goal was 8:23 pace)

It also helps that this was at 6:45a and the weather was cool.

Then the long run in the middle of the day Sunday went way better than expected. 15 miles, and only 3 seconds over goal pace!


Lessons Learned

Yes, I need to carb up the night before before long tempo runs. What a difference!

Delicious ramen from Heinen's!

And sometimes you may actually like the lightest beer of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment