about me

Monday, August 21, 2017

berlin marathon training: weeks 10 + 11

I'm still here - training smart and hard! 

And really digging my new denim jacket and new iPhone.

This will be a quick post, I am not going to go through every workout, but I will just cover some of the highlights, lowlights, and random moments from the last two weeks.

Highlight

7 mile Tempo Run / 8:18 pace


This run was kind of spotaneous. I didn't feel like running on the Towpath yet again - I was actually really in the mood to run on the treadmill. But once I got home, running out downtown seemed like a good idea and it was! It felt like I was flying effortlessly! This needs to happen more often. 

Lowlight

15 mile Long Run / 9:14 pace


This run took place in Michigan - I was up there for a wedding.


I felt like a mastodon.


The rehearsal dinner for the wedding was the night prior and I think the combination of that food (just not quality italian food) and then apparently my time of the month coming on board on Sunday made this run completely miserable. I woke up Saturday like I was hung over (I was not), feeling weak all over, and with a headache. Pretty much none of that subsided during the run or after. I stopped for 10 minutes total, and even had to sit down in the middle of the run at one point. 

Of course, Sunday, the morning after the wedding, I felt fine and probably could have gotten in a higher quality run. Oh well!

Speaking of Quality...


I have been loving Sunbasket lately. This is a chilaquile dish and it's pretty much my favorite thing.


We also went to Vegan Night at Town Hall (restaurant in Ohio City) and oh my goodness these chimichangas were incredible!!! 

And now for something a little sweet..


I am in love with these new Energy GUs. They would be perfect if they had caffeine :)

Keeping the Creative Juices Flowing!


I am loving all the street art around town for my Project 365. 


And the sunsets have been wonderful too!

I struggle with lighting though. This turned out much better on my iPhone...

Giving Back


We had an afternoon for volunteering and I was one of our Captains for our Boys and Girls Club activity.


My team helped the kids make terrariums - I think they turned out fantastic!

Oh, since I know you wanted to see me be a fool on video... I haven't actually watched this (there's a longer version out there) so let me know what you think, lol.

I also signed up to volunteer for the local Girls on the Run 5k on November 12th. Pretty excited to finally have some time off from racing after October! But in the meantime, keeping at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment