about me

Monday, July 11, 2016

towpath marathon training, week 3

Monday

Cross - Cycle

It was a very sleepy July 4th for us.

Last Hellofresh meal was a good one!

Tuesday

Speedwork
5 mi / 8:54 pace

Lifting

I could not find this field that was recommended to me for doing speedwork so I settled with the hot and humid run throughout the neighborhood. I did not feel so hot in the middle; my stomach was churning.

I do NOT recommend this flavor. 

Wednesday

Cross - Rowing

It was fun to do the rowing machine for the first time!

Happy Hour Dranks.

Thursday

Personal Trainer

My personal trainer did a fitness assessment with me; got some pretty good feedback and baseline measurements down and we'll see how this goes over the next couple weeks!

Oh, and after we (as in my friend and I, not my trainer lol) met Jeni of Jeni's Ice Cream, nbd.

This may or may not have been my second day in a row at Jeni's. Worth it.

Friday

Tempo
5.1 mi / 9:10 pace

This was supposed to be 7 miles but I wussed out in the morning because of a little lightning; so I ran after work when it was 94 degrees. Mistake. Paired with the fact that I was running short on time, I decided to cut my run short.

Lunch was from a food truck.  Obviously I am not going completely vegetarian for training this time around.

Friday night was spent at Art Hill drinking some beers and watching Top Gun. It was pretty awesome to hear the entire crowd sing Danger Zone. Which should probably be my training theme song.

Saturday

Rest

We went to Elephant Rocks State Park.

Got lost in some rocks.

Then went to Tauk Hawk Mountain State Park - home of the highest peak in Missouri. 

And the largest waterfall too..but you can't really see it..

This was our second lunch. No shame.

Sunday

Long Run
17 mi / 9:37 pace

It was a hot and humid one.  Did not rock this one like last week's.  This turtle could attest to that fact.

Near the end I drank a bit too much from the water fountains and almost didn't get up to the 17 mile mark. Luckily I finished it. Came home and had a colorful meal.

Then discovered these guys at Trader Joes, and saw The Music Man at the Muny. Solid weekend; hopefully next week is just as solid training-wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment