about me

Sunday, October 15, 2017

berlin

At long last... I have organized my pictures from this year's Europe trip. 

The following combine my iPhone 7 pictures with my Canon pictures. You will likely be more impressed with iPhone photos thanks to the HDR.

Brandenburg Gate selfie is a must.


Berlin Wall Memorial with a fellow selfie fan.



The museum alongside the Memorial.

More of the original wall, this time at the Topography of Terror.

@ the Topography Terror. Needless to say, this was not the most uplifting day.

Stumbled (accidentally) into the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.

Random art installations were abound in Berlin.

Very impressive to see Brandenburg in person. Even cooler to run through!!

Then meandered to the East Side Gallery in the evening, a segment of the Berlin Wall that they use for different art installations. Very cool.

On Day 2, started off strong with an amazing breakfast.

Then, I took a nice walk through Kruzeberg to my AirBNB "Experience"...

Which was a guided canoe tour of Berlin! Such a beautiful morning - it was the first day of fall. There were swans and boats that we had to navigate around...

See?! So cool!!!

The view on the water of the Oderbaum Bridge.

.
And we rowed right through/under this art display - Molecule Man!

Then we headed over to a Turkish market that only happens twice a week for lunch. So much for no new food before a race! I loved this rowing experience overall by the way. It was a perfect day for it!


Then after rowing, I went to the race expo, the heading back to the AirBNB to refresh myself/charge my phone, and then headed back out, finding myself by the Cathedral for Golden Hour.



Lighting was on point.

Quiet Saturday morning for Day 3.

I had a nice breakfast and took it easy as it was the day before the race...so easy that I don't have any other notable pictures from this day besides the Shakeout Run with Oiselle girls! I think I just went souvenir shopping... 

On the last day, I ran the race then still managed another 8k-9k of steps...

This is probably a good time to point out the weather forecast was completely wrong for this day. The morning was supposed to be clear and the evening rainy, but...it flip flopped.

285 brutal steps up the Victory Column. My intention was to climb this immediately after my race to get an epic post-race photo with my medal but I could barely walk immediately after the race...

Beautiful views of the city.

Love the yellow of the trees. This was where we started and finished the Marathon.


The marketing material was not photoshopped.

Great sunset for the last night in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment